FAQs about DEP (Distance Education Program)
1. What is Distance Education?
Ans: Distance Education allows learners/ participants/ students to learn at their own place and pace. The student need not attend classroom lectures. Students can contact teacher/ faculty through phone, e-mail and online chatting to solve their queries. In addition, students may have to attend a limited period contact program.
2. What are the Distance Education Programs offered by SCHC?
There are Seven autonomous Distance Education Programs offered by SCHC.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital & Healthcare Management (PGDHHM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medico Legal Systems (PGDMLS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research (PGDCR)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Insurance Management (PGDHIM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Quality Management of Hospital & Healthcare Organization (PGDQMHHO)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Nutrition & Dietetics (PGDAND)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Tourism (PGDMT)
3.What are the eligibility criteria for students enrolling for each program?
Ans: For enrolling to PGDHHM, PGDMLS & PGDHIM,PGDAND and PGDMT: Candidate must be a graduate in any discipline.
For PGDCR: Candidate must be a graduate in Medical Sciences including Nursing, Dentistry and Veterinary Sciences, Pharmacy, Life Sciences, including Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Statistics.
PGDQMHHO: Graduate in any discipline & experience of working in healthcare sector or Graduate in either Medical Sciences including Nursing, Dentistry, Veterinary Sciences, Pharmacy, Statistics or Life Sciences including Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology
4.What is the duration of each program?
Ans: Duration of each program is one year.
5.What is the fee structure of each program?
Ans: Please click here to know the details
6.How many programs can I do simultaneously in one year?
Ans: You can choose any two programs of your choice and can complete dual programs in the same duration of one year.
7. Is there any concession available in program fees?
Ans: Special Concession in Fees for Admission in Distance Education Programs for Symbiosis International University Students, Symbiosis
International University/Symbiosis Society Employees, Alumni of Symbiosis Centre of Health Care, Group Registration, FOGSI members
please find concession pdf here: Special Concession
8. How can I apply for these programs?
Ans: Students can apply for these programs by purchasing prospectus containing application form through following modes of payment;
- In person by paying Rs. 1000/- (cash) at Symbiosis Centre of Health Care, S.B Road, Pune or visiting our Authorized Information Centre, in your city
- Delivery by post, by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 1100/- drawn in favour of ”Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC)”, payable at Pune.
- Online payment Rs. 1100/- through our website: www.schcpune.org
9. How can I pay the program fees?
Ans: Students can pay the fees and submit the application form in following ways:
Students may walk in to SCHC with the completed application form, registration fees (cash,demand draft (DD), credit card/ debit card/NEFT payment details) and all other required documents. If the student satisfies all admission and eligibility criteria, then the student can walk out with the admission confirmation letter, identity card (for confirming admission) and study material.
The student can forward their application forms along with the DD by post. Students must pay program fees by DD only. The DD must be drawn in favor of “Symbiosis Centre of Health Care” payable at Pune (mention candidate’s name / details on the reverse side). Fees once paid are non refundable.
The student can make online payment by using a
- Debit card
- Credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
Please visit our website
- RTGS/NEFT : A/C Name Symbiosis Centre of Health Care
- A/C no. 60052677905
- Name of the Bank: Bank of Maharashtra, S.B. Road Branch, Pune
- IFSC code - MAHB0001261
After transferring fees through electronic fund transfer kindly mail the following details to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Name of Student
- Account Holder
- Mention UTR/ UTN number
- Residential address
- Phone number and E-mail id
10. What is the procedure of submitting the Application form?
Ans: Whatever may be the mode of payment; credit card/ debit card/ DD, your application form with documents must be submitted in hard copy by post/courier.
11. Do you have any branch other than Pune?
Ans: Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) Distance Education - Head Office is located only in Pune at Senapati Bapat Road.
We also have Authorised Information Centres at :
- Kandivali, Mumbai
- Rohini, Delhi
12. What are the career prospects for students enrolling in Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital & Healthcare Management (PGDHHM)?
Ans: Healthcare is changing more rapidly than almost any other field. Employment opportunities in healthcare are growing faster than other sectors. Healthcare management requires talented people to manage the changes taking place. The aim of this program is to equip the graduates for administrative, managerial and consultative position in hospital and healthcare organizations.
13. What are the career prospects for students enrolling Post Graduate Diploma in Medico Legal Systems (PGDMLS)?
Ans: With the rise in consumer awareness subsequent to consumer protection act leading to rise in medical litigation, there is need for every professional in the healthcare sector to be alert and medico legally aware. The aim of PGDMLS program is to enable doctors, lawyers, nurses and all other professionals, to understand the prevalent concepts, with a view to prevent & manage medico legal problems.
14. What are the career prospects for students enrolling for Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research (PGDCR)?
Ans: Post World Trade Organization agreements (WTO); India is a preferred destination for clinical trials. PGDCR is aimed to develop professionals aspiring to work in the field of clinical research by imparting quality training and knowledge of general research methodology and processes in various aspects of clinical research. After pursuing PGDCR a student can make his career in pharma companies/ hospitals/ clinical research organizations & data management companies. He can be assigned to different designations like Clinical Research Coordinator, Clinical Research Associate, Co – Investigator, Principal Investigator, Regulatory Consultant, and Clinical Data Manager.
15. What are the career prospects for students enrolling in Post Graduate Diploma in Quality Management of Hospital & Healthcare Organization (PGDQMHHO)?
Ans: The healthcare sector in India is growing rapidly. Today’s healthcare consumers, being well aware & ready to spend money for their health, demand optimum quality in the services. Accreditation is one of the way through which healthcare organizations can ensure optimum quality in services they provide. Accredited healthcare organizations are preferred over non-accredited ones. Hence healthcare sector needs personnel having expertise in quality to strengthen quality assurance programs. This program will equip the student to work as Quality Manager, Quality Coordinator, Quality Assessor and Quality Department Head in hospital/diagnostic centre/healthcare organization."
16. What are the career prospects for students enrolling in Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Nutrition & Dietetics (PGDAND)?
Ans: Nutrition and Dietetics is a vital, growing field and the opportunities and possibilities in this field are endless. One could build his career in healthcare sector like hospitals, recreation-wellness clubs and sports academies, nursing care facilities and also in Institutional Catering for canteens, food services. In Healthcare sector, one can work as Therapeutic Dietitian, Clinical Nutritionists, Diet Counsellor etc. Institutional Catering & Food service field include mess, canteen, restaurants etc where candidates can work as Nutritionist. Those who are involved in such work are called Administrative or Management Dietitian or Nutritionists. They can also work as consultants or do private practice.
17. What are the career prospects for students enrolling in Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Tourism (PGDMT)?
Ans: India is a one of frequently preferred medical tourism destination due to its low cost of medical services and experienced doctors. Medical quality standards and international accreditation vary widely across the globe. Increasing global insurance coverage, robust pharmaceutical industry, cheap international travel, comparative low cost and quality healthcare are progressively making India a preferred medical tourism destination. This program aims to provide knowledge about the essentials of medical tourism, industry trends. Immense opportunities available for the aspirants in this field, where they can work as medical tourism manager, tour facilitator/ provider, medical tour consultant, guest relationship managers, medical tourism insurer any many more.
18. How can I contact faculty for guidance?
Ans: The faculty of each program is available to solve the academic queries by
- E- mail &
- Online chats at specified timings
19. What are the placement opportunities?
Ans: During National Seminar, as a value add at the request of the students, we conduct a placement assistance drive called “CONNEXIONS”. We provide the platform for our students to build rapport with the corporates and appear in the first round of interview. Selected candidates are further called by the interviewing company at their head office.
20. What are the modes of study?
Ans: There are two modes of study:
- Postal or Offline mode of study
- Online mode of study
Kindly click here for more info.
21. Can I opt for both the modes of study?
Ans: Yes, you can opt for both the modes by paying extra charges for opting for both the modes
22. If I am not able to complete the program in one year, can I get an extension?
Ans: Yes, you can take an extension which can be granted only for next one year.
23. Are there any charges for taking an extension?
Ans: Yes, you can take an extension by applying for it and paying 15 % of the existing program fees. Extension is granted only for 1 year. You can check the payable extension fees in this link
Program Extension Form
24. What are the mandatory criteria for completion of the program?
Ans: Candidate should fulfill four mandatory criteria for completion of the program.
- I. Assignment submission
- II. Log Book submission (only for PGDHHM)
- III. Project report submission (only for PGDHHM, PGDCR, PGDHIM, PGDQMHHO) / Project Work (only for PGAND)
- IV. Attendance at National Seminar
25. What is a Project Report?
Ans: A Project report consists of research work in the field of hospital / healthcare industry carried out by candidate.
26. What is a Project Work?
Ans: For Project work candidate is required to actually record or solve partially designed sample case studies for analysis.